Wednesday, April 28, 2010

LDS Storymakers Conference

I kind of stumbled on the LDS Storymakers' website. I know one of the authors who is a member of the LDS Storymakers group, and found a link to the website from her Face Book page. From there, I found out about the conference and just barely managed to get registered in time. I missed all the early sign up classes, but there's always next year.

I am so glad I went to the conference. It was excellent! I learned so much. Since I'm relatively new to fiction writing, pretty much everything I heard was useful. Not only did I learn a lot about many aspects of good writing, I got ideas for my story while I was basking in the aura of all those great writers. My kids couldn't believe it when I came home Friday and told them I had met (or at least seen) many of their favorite authors.

I will definitely go again next year, and I've joined the Authors Incognito group, which is great. I am learning so much.

Oh, and I won this really cool door prize from the Authors Incognito group. They even pronounced my name right when they called me up to get it. It was a basket full of puppets, complete with outfits and accessories, and a Family Record Keeper for keeping things in order. My kids love the puppets, even thought I thought they'd be too old for them.

My last name, Dupaix, is pronounced "do pay."

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Authors Icognito, Karen. We're glad the writing bug bit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new blog! Good to see you and good luck on your works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally wanted to win the puppets, but since I helped put the basket together, I decided not to stuff the box with my name so I could win :)

    ReplyDelete